photo: aimee daniells
When you’ve been blessed through a Christian Ministry, you just want to tell others about it; even Minister the very same thing. The word Ministry means ‘Giving people what you have been given.’
There are many Christians who have a creative streak – even Entrepreneurial – who would love to develop their talent and offer it as a full or part-time Ministry.
And why not? It is honoring to give people what has been given to you.
So how do you go about promoting your own Christian Ministry? Let me tell you how I have gone about it.
When I began my “Christian Life Coach” Ministry I prayed long and hard for an opportunity to present it to the Leadership of my church.
During that time the Lord took opportunity to ‘try my heart’ for any motives that were not of Him and for me to make it clear in my own mind what is the true Biblical basis for coaching within the Body of Christ.
When my opportunity came to present my Christian Ministry to the Leadership, it was as though the Lord had laid out a Red Carpet before me. Within a short time I had an enthusiastic thumbs-up!
But, it would have been wrong to expect the church to do all the promoting for me. I have a leading role in communicating the positive benefits of coaching through ‘Talks’, Seminars, Free Promotional offers and Inspirational articles.
Similarly it would have been wrong to confine my coaching ministry to my church only, but to think of reaching the wider church.
So how did I do it?
For the past 12 months I have been learning how to reach out to my potential Christian ‘market’ through Digital Media and conventional Media.
What follows is a brief summary of past, present and on-going marketing activity.
1. A Website presence is essential. Ensure you use ‘Key words’ in the title and text that people are searching for on ‘Google’. To discover what are the most popular words being searched for on your subject go to ‘Adwords Key Tool’.
2. Add a Blog to your website – either actually on your website or linked from your website to a social websites such as ‘WordPress’. This will help engage folk in your offering (as this, hopefully, is engaging you, my precious reader!)
3. Write about your subject from different angles and with different target markets in mind. So, for example you could write about those seeking Inner Healing; Relationship issues; Christian Gifts; Talents and career matters.
4. Again, ensure your Blog title is being well searched for by checking with ‘Adwords’ and then seeing how many ‘Google’ searches there are for your title and subject. If there is huge competition on Google you need to weigh up the chances of being seen
*5. Ensure your website is not only a static page because ‘Google’ will not rate it very highly (neither will the reader!). Include a number of pages with changing text. ‘Google’ like these more spontanious and continuously changing websites; another good reason for adding a Blog to your Website.
6. Social Media Marketing is a sometimes bewildering means of getting your message across – to potentially thousands of people. I personally like LinkedIn and Google+. They are fairly straight-forward and easy to understand. There are plenty of ‘How To…’ articles and You Tubes videos instructing you to become your own expert. Be patient and organized in your explorations and weigh carefully the potential benefits.
7. Please do not forget conventional marketing tools such as: Business Cards, Small A5 Leaflets, Letterhead paper, and small adverts in appropriate media. These do still attract attention! Even better. Seek an accomplished Designer to ‘hone’ your message to your potential target market.
8. More on general advertising: use sparingly and only with a ‘time-limited’ offer.
9. Meanwhile, make yourself accountability to a Coach, Church Leader or trusted friend with help keep you on-track with your promotional activities.
10. Practice ‘presenting’ your Christian Ministry to firstly yourself (in a mirror) then to others. Hone it down to it’s unique proposition. Focus on the benefits to the client and be sure you believe it yourself too!
You may be interested in reading my own so-called ‘Elevator Pitch’
“As a Life Coach… I work with Christians, passionate to see Gods calling and purpose for their lives fulfilled, and who want to express their gifts and talents profitably, and to see their own lives and the lives of others prosper for the Kingdom.”
Click Here For Your Free and without obligation FREE INTRODUCTORY CHRISTIAN LIFE COACHING SESSION. You will be required to fill in a short form.
I welcome enquiries from UK and Worldwide.